- Middle East
01. Young man taking a selfie in front of Angkor Wat temple complex, the most famous landmark of Cambodia. Angkor, June 2015.
02. Young Buddhist monks in front of the central structure of Angkor Wat, the largest religious monument in the world. Angkor, June 2015.
03. Roots of a tree growing amongst the ruins of Ta Prohm temple in Angkor, the ancient capital of the Khmer Empire. Angkor, June 2015.
04. Detail from the Bayon, one of most iconic temples at Angkor featuring numerous faces of Bodhisattva Avalokiteshvara. As the most important archeological site in the country that includes numerous ancient Khmer temples dating from 9th to 15th century, Angkor is listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site since 1992. Angkor, June 2015.
05. Boy selling coconut water to the tourists in front of the outer enclosure of Angkor Wat. As the most popular tourist site in the country which attracts more than two million visitors per year, Angkor is nowadays the main source of income for the local population.
06. Young men performing stunt on a scooter in the outskirts of Siam Reap. Siam Reap, June 2015.
07. Busy traffic in front of the Phnom Penh railway station. Phnom Penh, July 2015.
08. Summer afternoon in a local restaurant. Phnom Penh, July 2015.
09. Tonle Sap river in central Phnom Penh, Cambodia’s capital city. Phnom Penh, July 2015.
10. Window of the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum, a former S-21 prison of the Khmer Rouge regime enclosed with barbed wire. S-21 was one among at least 150 execution centers established by the Khmer Rouge in the period from 1975 to 1979. Phnom Penh, July 2015.
11. Classrooms of the Chao Ponhea Yat High School were converted into the torture chambers of the S-21 prison whose windows were covered with iron bars and barbed wire to prevent escapes and suicides. Phnom Penh, July 2015.
12. Local schoolboys riding bicycles along the Praek Tuek Chhu river bank. Kampot, July 2015.
13. An aging carousel in central Kampot. Kampot, July 2015.
14. Women working in the Farmlink pepper processing facility in Kampot. Kampot, July 2015.