- Middle East
01. Speeding auto rickshaw in central Vientiane. These vehicles, often called tuk-tuks are the most common form of urban transportation in Laos and all over the Southeast Asia. Vientiane, June 2015.
02. Patuxai, a monumental triumphal arch in central Vientiane at dusk. Built between 1957 and 1968, the monument is dedicated to those who fought in the struggle for independence from France. Vientiane, June 2015.
03. Children in front of the statue of Chao Anouvong, leader of the Lao rebellion and the last monarch of the Kingdom of Vientiane. Vientiane, June 2015.
04. Detail of the Buddha gallery from Wat Si Saket temple, one of the major landmarks of Laotian capital. Vientiane, June 2015.
05. Head of the reclining Buddha statue in front of Pha That Luang, golden stupa that is considered to be the most important national monument in Laos and a national symbol. Vientiane, June 2015.
06. A man naps at the door of Wat Inpeng Buddhist temple. Vientiane, June 2015.
07. Detail from the roof of a Laotian Wat, Theravada Buddhist temple featuring finials with stylized Naga heads. Luang Prabang, June 2015.
08. Ferry on the Mekong river operates between Luang Prabang and Chomphet. Luang Prabang, June 2015.
09. Buddhist monks at the causeway of Vat Phou, a ruined Khmer temple complex located in southern Laos. Built 11th and 13th centuries, it became a centre of Theravada Buddhist worship which it remains until nowadays. Champasak Province, June 2015.
10. Children ride a bicycle on a dirt road along the Mekong river in southern Laos. Champasak Province, June 2015.